I went to the mall hobby shop "again" to remember the days... and I was really surprised that they are still continuing the stocks of their GunPlas.
Just wanna share these to you guys to let you know if you are paying too much for your GunPla collection.
|basically, you just have to look at this barcode first|
we have here a 4,200 Yen model kit which is about 45 USD. [and you should pay less than that or at least 10-20% more than the MSRP - ( Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price)]
Q: Should I buy a model kit that is more than the price tag on the barcode?
A: Depends on how high the seller puts on top the price tag of the MSRP - it really depends on your call ( but never buy it if the seller puts 30-40% more than the original price tag)
----some seller puts 10 % more than the original price which is fine
----here in Canada, sellers doesn't include the 13% tax charges so the prices below will be higher when you check out.
Q: I saw someone selling a Premium Bandai in store near me and they are selling it really high!
A: Sellers have to suffer too much fees before they get those Premium Bandai on their hands (only if they are outside Japan) so they have to add those fees up to the original price and sell it for slightly higher price.
---- suggested price for P-Bandai merchandise outside Japan is about at least 30% more than the original price
Q: I was browsing Ebay and saw this old model kit of G-Unit Hydra 1:144 scale and the seller was selling it for 65 USD...should I buy it?
A: NO! Bandai is having it reissued this August 2013, and hlj.com have them for only 6-8 USD each (Shipping and Handling not included)
---- most of the GunPla sellers in Ebay are collectors too, they take advantage of the rarity of the item and sell them for ridiculously super high price.
let's take a look at these OP model kits...
CAD $124.99 + 13% TAX = about $141 Canadian dollars or about $139 USD
original price of MG 1/100 nu Gundam Ver Ka in Japanese Yen is 7,350 MSRP which is about $75 USD
(seller puts almost 100% of the MSRP)
HGUC 1/144 Messala
seller's price: CAD $54.99 + 13% TAX = about CAD $62 (seller puts 100% more than the MSRP)
MSRP: 3,180 Yen = $34 USD
HG 1/144 Gundam AGE-FX Burst Mode
seller's price: CAD $34.99 + 13% TAX = about CAD $40 (seller puts 100% more than the MSRP)
MSRP: 1,800 Yen = $19 USD
NOTE ABOUT MALL RETAIL SELLERS
we should understand that they also have to suffer the rent fees
" don't like it? don't buy it! " - as they always say
WHERE TO BUY THEM ACTUALLY?
Online/ retail sellers in Asia and North America have great prices of GunPlas.
Here are some of the Gundam sellers that I really recommend...and I and some of my good friends have tried them couple of times.
International/ domenstic sellers
- gginfinite.com - USA - International/ domestic
- hobbywave.com - USA - International (Canada and USA only)
- tatsuhobby.com - USA - International/ domestic
- robot4less.com - USA - International/ domestic
- hlj.com - Japan - International/ domenstic
- 1999.co.jp aka hobbysearch - Japan - International/ domestic
- gkgundamkit.com - Hong Kong - International/ domestic
- greattoysonline.com - Philippines (Online and Retail) - International/ domestic
- wasabitoys.com (Online and Retail) - domestic
Facebook based sellers (International/ domestic)
- OtakuhobbytoysPH (facebook page) - online seller in Philippines - International/ domestic
- GunPlakits (facebook page) - online seller in Philippines - International/ domenstic
- I Love Omocha (facebook page) - online seller in Philippines - domestic
- Coldfire Gundam (facebook page) - online seller in Philippines - domestic
- Samuel Decal (facebook page) - online seller in Hong Kong - International/ domestic
NOTE ABOUT BUYING ONLINE
well obviously you should mind about the shipping taxes (if applicable) when buying online. Shipping that is more than the price of the item you bought is OBVIOUSLY NO NO!!!
I hope that you find this guide helpful!