Sunday, May 31, 2015
MODELER: Beertax 
MODEL TITLE: N/A
MODIFICATION TYPE: custom color scheme, custom details, custom equipment
KITS USED: MG 1/100 Wing Gundam Ver. Ka EW ver., 1/100 Gundam Astray Red Frame


WORDS FROM THE MODELER VIA FICHTENFOO FORUM

1. Like the Strike Noir, I inserted around 30x 1mm beads to various parts of the body, 6x 1mm tubes to the shield, and 4x 2mm tubes to the wings.

2. The wing mod - spread the upper and lower parts of the wing so they can open and close.

3. Weapons - the rifle is from HG Astray red frame 1/100, while the lance is the resin Shot Lance from mechaskunk.  A note about the shot lance - it's mostly a smooth, easy to put together weapon, but for some reason one of the resin stubs (that you have to cut off of all resin parts) was on the very tip of the lance, soI had to cut the tip off and reshape the tip using epoxy which took some doing.

4. The upper torso, the ankle guards, and the feet are from a very cheap recast of CoreWork's Crossbone Gundam.  I bought this recast for $25 from the trade forum, but the quality was so bad that I almost threw them away, until I got the idea to re-use some of the parts for this project.  The parts took a lot of cleaning and they are still not perfect, but any flaws are hardly noticeable now  :D

5. Custom decals - most are from bandai's MG Hi Nu waterslides, I added the red warning decals from leftover MG Wing ver ka. waterslides.  The "Booster" decals on each wing are actually for the Gaplant, and they are from XyberDecal series #4 (awesome decals, I wish they were easier to get)
















0 comments:

Post a Comment

GOOGLE ACCOUNT IS REQUIRED TO POST ON OUR COMMENT SECTION.